Benefits of oxygen treatment
- Added radiance. Some think the main benefit of oxygen facials is that they allow the pores to more easily absorb hyaluronic acid and other powerhouse ingredients from serums.
- Hydrated skin. Oxygen helps infuse the serums into the skin. You can think of the oxygen wand like a little hose that delivers ingredients. Your skin will likely look and feel hydrated, especially if hyaluronic acid is a component.
- More even skin tone. Oxygen facials may deliver a large quantity of vitamins or botanical ingredients to your skin, which can result in bright, glowing skin.
- Reduction in fine lines. Oxygen facials are said to help improve blood circulation to the face, which can help skin look bright and plump.
- Calming of acne. Oxygen is known to accelerate wound healing and may also kill certain bacteria. This is why places with low levels of oxygen, such as airplanes, can cause skin issues. For these reasons, oxygen facials may help calm acne and kill Propionibacterium acnes bacteria, which causes certain types of acne.